As you enjoy the cozy ambiance of your candle, it is important to remember some additional tips for proper candle burning. Here are a few to keep in mind:
To ensure even burning, allow the whole top layer of wax to liquify during the first burn.
- Avoid burning candles for more than 3 hours at a stretch and never light a candle when the wax is less than ¼” deep.
- For optimal burning, trim wicks to ¼” before each use to prevent smoking and overheating.
- When extinguishing the flame, use a wick snuffer to keep the wick in the center and upright.
- Always burn candles on a stable and heat-resistant surface. This will prevent any accidents or damage to your furniture.
- Keep candles away from drafts, as this can cause uneven burning and can lead to the formation of soot.
- Avoid moving a burning candle, as the wax can spill and cause a fire hazard.
- When you're not using your candle, always store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent it from melting or losing its fragrance.
By following these simple tips, you'll be able to enjoy your candle safely and for longer.